Friday, April 15, 2005

Efficiency of World class Govt.

And so I waded into the red tape.

Murking through the tons of technical terms and legal jargons, I can't find the answer I need from the business registration website, ACRA. So I did the next best thing, or so I thought.

I emailed them.

My very first reply comes in the form of giving me lots of urls. All pointing to pages within ACRA.

NABEI. You think I emailed u for fun is it?? Obviously I already read all your websites and can't find what I'm looking for!
These govt pple think I can't even do a simple job of browsing their websites? can't they just answer my queries straight to the point?
civil servants!

So I did the next best thing, or so I thought.

I replied their email.

And this time, it was better.
The officer called me up. (I left my handphone number in my email)

Nice, except that .....

officer: Hi sir, is this cherub? I'm calling from ACRA.
Cherub: ACRA?
officer: you sent us an email.
Cherub: Oh, that ACRA. Yeah, I had some enquires.
officer: Yes sir, I am here to help you. Let me give you some hyperlinks...
cherub: huh?
officer: take down these hyperlinks...... you can go there and read them.

!%$#!@$@ *VOMIT BLOOD*

So he called me personally on my hp to give me hyperlinks?

I already read your first email, I already told you I cannot get the answers from the websites.
And the govt officer called me up for.....?
These pple think that I can't read properly?
Civil servants!!

So I cut him off and used very simple english (just in case he's a PSC scholar).
Told him that the website doesn't give me the answers, and I gave him my scenario and questions.

He replied matter-of-fact that the agency cannot give me the answers I am looking for and does not advise me on those matters.
Sigh.


And great, after our conversation ended, he proceeded to email me again....

....to give me the hyperlinks.
ARGH, CIVIL SERVANTS!!!


Alright, now now, I hope you guys finally realise why I refuse to work for the government.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr Miyagi pointed out that the e-filing for taxes has operating hours.
Wow, and we thought that the internet is 24-hours monster!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hmph! suspiciousbastard thinks that "saving money" is a no-brainer.
you would be surprised at my clients. People who are totally lost.
But those are not the annoying ones.

what annoy me are clients who think they know it all, and when I try to explain more of it to them, they dismiss it off as "i know already why don't u just do this and this"

madam, trust me. if i can just "do this and this" for you, i would.

And yes, an hour later, she would inevitably goes "oh, why like this, is like tat, meh?".

You already said "i know i know", wad.

Or they would give me "disclaimers":
eh, i am not confirming to buy leh, u don't need to put in so much efforts. u just help me "this and this" can liao.
"u don't need to do those, i may not buy in the end, just help me "this and this"
"i may not buy leh, don't do so much"


Eh, what is "full effort", what is "a little bit effort".
Sorry, I economist, i don't know how to quantify efforts.
I am just helping out, and i know u won't buy (I already knew you won't buy when i know u're a female), but if I am to advise you, i'd better help.
You can't expect me to give half-baked help, right?



Nothing beats the client that purchased and cancelled the plan in the same day.
Because someone else told her its not a good idea.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...