Sunday, August 7, 2005

Engrish 101

Thanks to Xiaoyin for sending these pictures to me to cheer me up. :)

I love literal direct translation.

If you can't see the picture, click on it to see the full-size version.



Engrish 101 - Lesson 1 Posted by Picasa



Engrish 101 - Lesson 2 Posted by Picasa

This one really takes the cake when it comes to direct translation.

萝卜干炒百合.
So you take 萝卜 as turnips, 干 as "fucks" (this is damn hilarious lah), 炒 as fry, 百合 as bulb of lily.
Technically, nothing wrong with all these direct translation. HAHAHA

The Turnip fucks to fry the bulb of lily.

Excellent. :)

香干炒芦蒿。
"香" = joss-stick, 干 = fucks, 炒 = fry, 芦蒿 =crown daisy
The joss-stick fucks to fry the crown daisy!

The other translations in the menu is excellent as well.
I wanna try these dishes soon.

3 comments:

lancerlord said...

LOL. Piangz!

TC said...

almost faint... LOL...

Cherub said...

any other funny translations, let me know :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...