Saturday, August 13, 2005

Political Pledges

I'm tired of friends who claimed that they will support me in their careers and then give all sorts of reasonings and explanations when the real deal is placed in front of them.

Mighty words at the beginning. Pledges of supports and no-problem-don't-worry speeches.


And as they say, the youths and punks are the convinced-they-are-the-best, most terrible markets.

I love aunties & uncles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friend told me of an incident during a NTUC dinner, where the speaker suddenly pledged, ahem, the entire NTUC staff's support for the guest-of-honour, SR Nathan in any contest.
Loud shouts and pledges that everyone in NTUC will support him, and request for all in the dinner-&-dance to raise their hands if they do support him.

Needless to say, everyone raise their hands. No one dares to be the conspicious one.

So political, my NTUC.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was next to the President during the NUS Rag Day event (courtesy of guanxi) when the NUS alumni-class 72 Float team sang songs for him and pledged their supports for him.

It was nice to see that our new President has such warm support, but sometimes I really wonder if its all just show-and-tell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bet if I were to run for president one day, I would have the Alumni classes of AiTong 92, Catholic High- 96, AJC 98, NUS 05 ganging up and issusing press statements and the likes to PREVENT me from running.


They took to the streets when they heard Cherub is running for President Posted by Picasa

i see all the accusations flying here and there (mostly false, of course). Tsk tsk. This is why I can't go into politics. I have too many skeletons in my closet.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...