Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Defend your rights

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Paraphrase from Voltaire, "Essay on Tolerance"

Original phrase- "Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write."

There are so many different people, with strongly held beliefs and opinions. It would be counter-productive to prove anyone's worth. I guess that is the real strength of true democracy, which is so lacking in many political systems and religions.
To assert oneself is right and has no room for any deviation is arrogant and simply backwards.

When you argue, do remember to put yourself in the other's shoes and consider all facts. Life would be educating.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...