Friday, October 29, 2004

Stumbling Semester

I did it again.



Yes yes, I did something dumb, again.



Before I tell you about the dumbest thing I did in this semester, perhaps we have a mini recall of the dumb things I did so far in this semester.



  1. For an anticipated lesson at 5pm, I had lunch at arts canteen at 2 pm plus, spent the next 3 hours chatting and savouring the cut fruit. When I turn up for the lesson at 5pm, I realised the actual lesson time starts at 2pm and ENDS at 5pm. I sheepishly went back home.

  2. For an anticipated lecture at 9am, I got up at 7plus, prepared, and was just leaving the house at 8am when I realised the lesson starts at 8am (I need 1 hour to travel to NUS). Since I'm already late, I went back home to sleep.
  3. I went school on a particular tuesday for my only lecture of the day. Upon reaching the lecture hall, I realised the lecture was already cancelled, and prior notice was sent out ages ago...just that i forgot about it.


For a term paper of 2,500 words due at 5pm, I worked throughout the night rushing for it (okok, i fell asleep between 2am to 5am), and got to a draft of 1,500 words at 9am.



At 9am, I had to rush off to meet a client in NUS, to finalise his saving plans to meet a promotion deadline for his discount.

So obviously I was expecting to wrap up everything by noon, and the grand plan was to proceed to AS7 computer labs to continue typing my term papers for submission by 5pm.



By 1130am, with the saving plans firmly wrapped up, a wholesome healthy lunch, I sat down at one PC and prepared for the typing.



I forgot to send the draft documents from my home PC to my email.





In the end, the taxi industry earned an additional 22 bucks today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The title for my term paper:

Satisfying the dragon's thirst.





Guess what discipline is the paper from?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



There is no birthday party this year, a departure from the past few years.....



In fact, at this time of the year, I usually get roughly 5 birthday parties.

All my friends, heck, strangers i don't know, come one fine day to gather in celebration of my birthday.



Each birthday party is usually so huge, only the MPSH in NUS can host them.

And we will be there to sit for 2 hours of silence and swearing praying.



Heh. I love my birthday, right in the midst of exams.



For some reasons or another, semester started really late this year, and this means exams started at a much later date than normal.

Finally a birthday that I can enjoy without any books. :P



I'd sure miss the parties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Since so many of you are so determined to buy me a decent present, I shall be frank here.



I really really don't want you to waste your money. :)















...really.















Therefore, I shall give a top 5 list of what I need!!!!!

muahahahahahaa



1) A Wallet



Since I'm gonna be rich, i better have a much better wallet to keep all the cards and money.

I'm kidding.



Okok, I'm serious.



But the main reason why I need a new wallet is coz my old one is so battered and spoilt, my ATM cards are broken at the edges coz of my wallet

And all my cards are forever dropping out.



I will like a professional looking one. Black leather.

One with sufficient cards components.

Actually anything Gucci (click here!!) or Prada (or here!) will suffice.



Just don't get me a wallet like this.





2) A very nice professional black bag



Man, i have no professional bag to holds all the documents and contracts and I look like an idiot all properly dressed up, professional attired with tailored clothes.....

.....and a bag that screams "I'M A STUDENT!!"





I don't need a bag to hide my face.

SERIOUSLY.




3) An elegant pen

What better way to seal contracts and long lasting financial relationships!



The pen is - mightier than the sword.



Eh, i meant it figuratively!



4) A financial calculator



Obviously! Whats a financial services consultant got to do without his calculator to calculate present value, future value, discount rate, returns blah blah blah.





Where is the pi?



5) Recommend me more clients!!!



I need the experience and the business....:P

I am going to concentrate wholeheartly in december holidays, so MAKE ME BUSY!








Aye, I'm kidding lah.

As in the top 5 list. I'm not that materialistic (yet).

Beside, I'm soooo used to not-receiving gifts for my bday. Having your bday smacked in the middle of your o'levels/a'levels/exams means that everyone around me will be busy with studies and work.

Heh, even if u get me anything, i will probably find fault with it.



So save the trouble.













An hongbao (with lots of money inside) will do nicely.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog, it's always so freaking funny! *thumbs up*

And don't worry, all the dumb NUS things you did? I've done the first 2 before. Multiple times. It's not us, it's NUS (or so I prefer to think).

~Sheena~

Cherub said...

just remember the red angbao.
heh heh.

Anonymous said...

If I had the cash to give you an ang pow, I'd keep it for myself. LOL~

Anyway happy birthday (though I'm not sure when it is)!

Cherub said...

Lol.
you SURE u wanna know when it is?


eh, who's this? :)

Cherub said...

haha. suddenly realised u're sheena, replying to my earlier comments.

rats...i'm getting old.

As the bitch goes on.. Proud of it. said...

Hi there.. nice blog..
Wish that I can celebrate ur birthday with ya.. but exams coming.. Hee..

hey.. stay in ocntact k?
Chaoz

Cherub said...

sure...
thanks for the early bday greeting!!

good luck for ur exams!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, love reading ur blog, takes my mind off this studying.. did u appear in the Sunday Times, by the way?

Anonymous said...

lillian here~
Jia you for the exams!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaa..well well. You never fail to make me laugh. Keep writing!! And happy birthday again in advance!

Sophia

Cherub said...

hey lilian and sophia...

thanks a lot!
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...