Saturday, October 23, 2004

Vote for Kerry!

For America's sake, I hope Kerry will win.



I don't need to go on and on about the flaws of Bush's administrations.

Instead, let me dwell on the ironies of his policies.



Some of the major opponents of George Bush is contributing huge amount of the money they saved under Bush's tax cutes, to groups and lobbies against Bush.

Ha ha. Talk abt digging your own grave.



No. 1 Contributor: Peter B. Lewis, Billionaire chairman of Progessive Insurance



From the Washington Post:

Think about it: $14 million in political donations, a likely $20 million tax saving. Lewis could pay for his donations with the money he stands to save from Bush's tax cuts on just this one transaction. It's as if Bush had the Treasury give Lewis the money he's using to try to get rid of Bush. If you don't find this funny, politics has probably destroyed your sense of humor.


No.2 Contributor: George Soros, billionaire investor



Another rich dude benefitting from Bush's tax cuts, George Soros is not only throwing in huge amount of doughs at the anti-Bush campagins, he is throwing his own personal energy and commitment in the elections.

He is promoting his book, putting out ads, going all around swing states giving speeches against Bush.



Soros plans to run a two-page centerfold ad Wednesday in the Wall Street Journal and similar ads in local newspapers throughout the country. He will mail his anti-Bush speech to 2 million homes and offer a free chapter of his book on his website


Funny that Bush is one guy the muslims really hate and George Soros too is someone our favourite fiery leader "senior minister" of Malaysia, Mahattiar condemned and bashed regularly.

Now one supposedly anti-muslim guy (soros) is fighting against the other anti-muslim guy (bush), who the hell is Mahathir supposed to bash?



No.3 contributor(not really contributor, but definitely a supporter): Teresa Heinz Kerry



For those uninformed, she's the wife of Kerry, AND the heir to the Heinz empire.

You dunno the Heinz empire?





Now you know?



She was a big beneficiary of the reductions in tax rates on dividends and capital gains that have been enacted under President Bush. She collected more than $2.2 million in dividends, all of which qualified for the new 15 percent tax rate, saving her $440,000, compared with the 35 percent rate that previously applied to dividends for those with million dollar-plus incomes.


Ha. And Kerry vowed to increase taxes for the rich.



Americans, Kerry has vowed not to increase tax for those earning less than $200,000 annually.

He will repeal the tax cuts for the rich only.



Which is really good news for you, because America can't run with such a huge deficit.

You have a failing medical health plan, a terrorism war to battle, and another country to occupy liberalise.



Oh which, by the way, Bush almost single handly ran up all the bills for it.



Half a trillion dollar of budget deficit.

Thats US$521,000,000,000.



And to think Bush inherited a budget surplus of $230 billion from Clinton.



Please Americans, VOTE for Kerry.



You know what a flawed president Bush is when his own relatives are banding together to vote against him.

www.bushrelativesforkerry.com

Because blood is thinner than oil!



Please Americans, VOTE for Kerry.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I must admit today, I'm a teary emotional sucker.



I may never forgive Neofik who incidentally introduced me to my very first episode of.....









neofik says:oi cb !!!!!!!!!!!

neofik says:
channel 8now !!!!!

neofik says:quick ur favourite !

Cherub says:damn chio

neofik says:i wanan protect her ! i wanna console her !

Cherub says:she got act in meteor garden meh

neofik says:yep




Of course we were talking abt our dearest sweetie pie, miss Yang Cheng Lin.

I only see her for a few minutes in that show, and then I ended up watching the entire episode.



I have always resisted this show, which 3 years ago, during my freshman year, was the most popular download/traded show on campus. My dear teacher-friend auk even has the cartoon VCDs of the original series. (The original meteor garden is an anime)

3 years I have resisted it.



And I lost today. I happened to watch one of the most heartbreaking episode. Shancai already found herself in love with Daoming Si, and today she had to forcefully break up coz of the evil Empress Dowager (Daoming Si's mother). [Details not revealed, go watch it!]



In order to make Daoming Si give up, she simply told him that she doesn't love him.



The tears that flowed from her eyes.



I'm a sucker for this type of stuff. Romances, love, all things emotional. Heck my friend wept when Boo, the girl of Monster Inc has to separate from the Monsters.

I know I know, I'm a guy and I'm supposed to be headstrong and embrace guns-wielding action heros.



But I'm a weakling, and I admit it.

I cried teared during "City of Angels".

I teared during "My Sassy Girl".

I teared during today's episode of "Meteor Garden"



I am a weakling. (what do you think?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Now that I'm engaged in this very personalised service industry, I'm really getting annoyed at cancelled appointments and delays.

In business, there is nothing much I can do, after all, its really part of my job and I suppose one of the best way to distinguish myself from the crowd is that I must be able to accomodate my clients' needs all the way.



May the best professional service wins.



My grudges however have moved to my own personal life. Kinda getting irritated at project meetings/dinners/get-togethers cancelled at almost the last minute.

The best part is when u had to postpone other meetings, turn down business appointments, push back your own studies for a pre-arranged dinner and it just didn't happen.



Now you know why I got sick or stopped arranging army get-togethers, E3 dinners, or secondary/JC suppers (a grand total of 4 folks for sec, and 3 for JC).



Thats why I really had to hand it to Captain (so appropriately nicked), who really did darn well in arranging our past karaoke, BBQs.



To Captain and similar like-minded people who still cherish friendships and bonds forged at different times in our life, here's a big ..........



THANK YOU.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...