Saturday, September 18, 2004

"and u also wrote sth that resonates with sth that i always say

u need to know wats pain before u know wats happiness

so i think u are well equipped for the happiness coming up"



A quote from staff sergent, ssn_yamato. Can't say I'm thrilled at the compliment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Note: There is nowhere in my ICQ details that implies that I am anywhere outside Singapore.



super ong (08:18 PM) :

hi, i am philip from singapore, i got chinese girls friends who like to go australia to work...


Cherub (08:19 PM) :

and?


super ong (08:21 PM) :

i would like to know the procedures in australia, and the documents needed...


Cherub (08:21 PM) :

so?


super ong (08:24 PM) :

i am charging the girl $4000 to go to australia for a first 3mth travel visa and then 9mth work permit.

if you can help me in australia to apply for the visa, arrange work place, find accomodation u can get $1000.


Cherub (08:25 PM) :

haha. u r so funny. i really want to get to know u more

Cherub (08:25 PM) :

did u completed ur ITE?


super ong (08:25 PM) :

i am ntu graduate... civil engineering


Cherub (08:26 PM) :

enough said

super ong (08:27 PM) :

u r in singapore ah ?


Cherub (08:27 PM) :

i never imply that i am in australia lor. idiot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Life as a financial services consultant (FSC) has been fun.



(read: I count myself as a FSC coz I do more than insurance, i do saving plans, investment plans as well. i don't count myself as a Financial Planner coz I can't deal with tax and estate management. its all technical terms, so i guess u shldn't care)



The inner workings of the industry and the many complications among the major players, AIA, Great Eastern, Prudential, NTUC Income, and the main brokers like Philips Capital, IGA etc, is really interesting. There is a large amount of reproducing, remarketing and, plainly put, copycating. lol. And there is a large amount of skill in taking a plan with all its technicality and boiling it down to simple illustration for prospective clients.



Any economics major can easily draws some graphics or equations to prove that an individual/business/home is more happy with insurance than not.

An uninsured person with a probabilty of damage, p, will suffer, according to stats, a financial loss of (p x losses) in every period.

One will rather pay an amount higher than this (p x losses) in every period and be assured than not.



One is more assured, more capable of taking risks, more capable of undertaking larger business, etc.

Simply put in economics terms, one's utility is higher.



Its actually one of the basic in microeconomics, and the concept is nothing too difficult. Everyone should know the importance of insurance



but its funny that this industry is still termed as unnatural market, for one does not go to an insurance company and ask to buy insurance, like shopping for printer.

If someone goes to a company to look for an insurance, chances are, he is of a high risk factor, he knows that he may suffer a loss soon, and therefore, the insurance company should be wary of this person. Economists term this as "adverse selection".



In the very first place, I know of many who are suspicious of insurance agents, as if they are sinister evil dopers who are out there to cheat u. haha. its all very interesting and if you pple are interested, perhaps I shld blog more abt my experience and this line.



The 2 interesting aspects of my career so far....



  1. My 1st two clients are not super close friends of mine. haha. weird. Where have all my good friends gone, I wonder
  2. I am brushing hard on my ability to write upside down.

Disclaimer: The pple hanging around in mrt stations/bus interchanges and doing surveys are not related to my company or me. *heh heh*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



On a supper night with the DnD girls, i realise that its easier to be sad than to be happy.

But bearing in mind what SSN_Yamato has said, don't worry dudes, we are more than well equipped to appreciate what little things have to offer in life.



And I realise Hall is really a horrid place, underneath all the friendships built, and the whatever-fun-activities-hostelites engaged in. I'm not merely sore that someone unknown bruised my reputation and backstabbed my character. Okok, I' m still sore abt that. Not happy ah? Sue me lah.

There are so many backstabbings, mudslugging, and all the politiks in hall. All the committees in there, beneath the happy smiles and laughters, are power struggles.

Worse is the fact that unlike a corporation where the incapable will be fired without much hesitation, in a hall committee, pple smile at the idiots and tries to do what the incapable has failed. Everyone still pretends to be friendly while lambasting the incapable of his position.

Hmmm, come to think of that, that's not the worst. The worst is pple being obliged to serve, and not putting in his devotion to the job because he was forced into the job. The result, an unhappy individual slaving for the hall, and a poor job where no one will admit it. No one ever learns from this.



Funny why I keep on thinking of this while I wrote the above.



The most important lesson I learnt, is that I'm a reckless driver after all.

Suits everyone in the car fine, ain't I right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Can't remember when is the last time I watched a movie. (actually i do remember, but trying to erase memories)













No other fancy pictures, as all the nice pictures are copyrighted (ie, I can't linked them! #@!$)

Oh well, the official link, and this link got some decent movie posters

Go watch the trailer and listen to the song. I can sing it for you..:)



"one needs to know pain to be a hero"



Yup. Ladies and gentleman, he got my last $8.50

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...