Tuesday, September 21, 2004

and we strives for the union..

Go watch this!! (only for fast internet)



Damn worth it!! Its a hilarious cut-up video assembled from George Bush' s speeches to produce a special State of Union (alike Singapore's National Day Speech) address that we will never see...

Its bizarrely beautiful.



[try and watch it if you can, if your access is slow, oh well, read the transcript i posted below]

Mr. Speaker, Vice President Cheney, members of Congress, distinguished citizens, fellow citizens. Every year, by law and by custom, we meet here to threaten the world.

[Standing ovation]

The American flag stands for corporate scandals, recession, stock market declines, blackmail, terror, burning with hot irons, dripping acid on the skin, mutilation with electric drills, cutting out tongues, and rape.

[Standing ovation]

Our first goal is to show utter contempt for the environment. I have sent you a compre- [Applause] comprehensive energy plan to devastate communities, kill wildlife, and burn away millions of acres of treasured forests.

[Applause]

This government is taking unprecedented measures to protect our people, and defend our homeland. We've begun inoculating troops and first responders against ballistic airports. And this year, for the first time, we must offer every child in America three nuclear missiles.

[Standing ovation]

To date we have arrested or otherwise dealt with four hundred billion key commanders of Al Qaida, which is enlisting tens of thousands of new volunteers across America. They include a man who directed logistics and funding for the CIA, one of them is found at the Department of Defense. One by one, the terrorists are learning we're building a culture to encourage international terrorism.

[Applause]

Almost three months ago, the United Nations Security Council gave Saddam Hussein his final chance to disarm. The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein has recently had an advanced nuclear program chemical in his arse, even while inspectors were in his country. Our intelligence sources tell us that he as attempted to purchase seven million hydrogen powered doctors, and the western wall of the Pentagon. The United States will ask the UN Security Council to convene on February the fifth, to consider the facts of Iraq's ongoing defiance of the world. Secretary of State Powell will plant information to incite fear about Iraq's links to terrorist groups.

[Standing ovation]

And tonight I have a message for the people of Iraq. Go home and die.

[Standing ovation]

Trusting in the sanity and restraint of the United States is not a strategy, and it is not an option.

[Standing ovation and handshakes]





Wrong Union, Mr President.



And if you really enjoyed it, you can download and watch last year's State of Union. Equally amusing, if not, better.



During these last few months, I've been trained by Al-Quaida. And I'm weak. And materialistic. I told our country and I told the world — if it feels good, do it.

[Standing ovation]

I hope you'll join me in expressing fear, and selfishness. We will embrace tyranny and death as a cause, and a creed.

[Standing ovation]

We can be summed up in one world — evil.

[Standing ovation]

I am committed to defeating, not only the good work of charities, but the values that will bring lasting peace. And we have a great opportunity during this time of war to lead the world towards suicide, and murder.

[Standing ovation]

Let's roll.

[Standing ovation, loud cheers, fade out]



Reporting, sir!





Now you're talking...



Some people really got nothing else better to do.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, GUYS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



A very good and sweet friend of mine bought me this when she came back from USA.

I asked for a one dollar bill for a nice motivation project of mine and she got me an additional gift as well... :)

Thanks a million DLG!



Let's see what it is...





Bill on a bill, get it? Sex Dollars, get it?



All you people reading my blog! Now you know what to do when you go for holidays!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Attending the insurance industry's Needs-Based Analysis, I'm beginning to see the (extreme) length of the tunnel.

Before you can do any sales, you got to conduct lengthy analysis and surveys of your client, to understand properly his financial situation, his insurances, his risk profiles etc, before you can recommend any products.

All these, you have to record it down in the PFR (Personal Financial Review), make no mistake about it, and for any product, you have to write down all reasonable recommendations and highlight all limitations to the client.



This is so different from selling printers.



For this training, I was informed that any tiny mistake in the PFR can lead you to borderline & possible failure. In my 2nd exercise, I accidentally ommitted a "0" and left a space blank. Uh-uh.



And having done a few real PFR with real clients in the real world, I realise its gonna be so much more difficult in filling the PFR than filling in data from the textbook examples. For one, there are people who are more private and confidential in their income/expediture , assets/liabilities. Their reluctance to divulge information means more work for me.



While working on a PFR for a teacher, i realise that a lot of people may not have the necessary information regarding their own insurance polices and financial standings. And to be fair, I myself was unclear about my own existing insurance polices.



Having done so many PFRs before this official training, I really grown to hate the paperwork involved. Although I understand the logic of PFRs, how we know our clients and their situation is via conversations and listening; the PFRs' main purposes is actually to put it all down to paper, and serve as a record. Perhaps I will appreciate the PFRs later when I start to review my clients' evolving needs and circumstances semi-annually.



(eh, u don't know agents are supposed to review your polices and needs every 6mths? Bad agent!! Let me help. haha.)



And yah, i realise my manager's way of doing the PFRs is not the best practise according to the trainer. heh heh. Can't wait to correct her tomorrow.



"eh u bluff me ah! wat kinda manager are you?"

haha. kidding.



Argh, tomorrow got to deal with the recommendation and production limitations of the PFRs.

10am to 6pm of torture!



Oh well, as my manager said, if everyone can fill in the PFR so easily, they don't have to train and hire me liao....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



On another note, since this Needs based-analysis is a new program, so all the people attending it are senior agents etc. I'm one of those rare newbie in the training room, so there are a few things

  • I'm more inexperienced and lack relevant product knowledge
  • Coz I dun hv an old way of doing things, i adapted the style much more readily than the old agents. You won't believe how 'stubborn' some of them are in doing it their way, despite corrections and blatant warnings.
  • i won the least well-dressed award. and my manager insisted i turn up tmr in proper shirt. sigh.

  • the chioest girl in the training room looks at me periodically.
Okok, I have to admit, I'm sitting near the clock, so I figured she was looking at the clock.



I like girls with thick hair!!!



(in case you're wondering that there are tons of chio bus in the financial industry, the 2nd chioest bu in my class is a pregnant lady.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`



More on girls with thick hair, don't u love them?





Sorry, xiaxue, but your hair is just gorgeous!!



I got these models with thick hair from Google.com

damn nice right! (the hair)





Look at my hair!!









Sexy, thick, luscious hair!!





I think i wanna grow my hair thick!





muahahahahaha.











9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... just happened to be surfing around and came across your blog...

And I read on... and on... and on...

I must say, it's damn refreshing to finally read some writing that isn't constricted, restricted, fake or routine, and which is actually interesting with a good healthy dose of humour!

Keep it up, cheers!

~Sheena~

JiangX said...

bwahahaha, yeah I'd love to see u with an afro do dude. hahahahaha.

Omni said...

Your blog is VERY clever!! :-)

Cherub said...

hey sheena, didn't realise u read my blog..haha.
thanks...
a refreshing change to the old livejournal that i had, haha...all the err..negative outlooks on life.
Muahaha.
And sheena, in case u were wondering, your blog is one of the first blogs i read. :)


eh, Jiangxue, since when u got blogger..ahhaa.

And Omni, thanks a lot for ur compliment. Appreciate it. :)

Anonymous said...

Errrmmm... You know me? And my blog?

Who are you?

~Sheena~

Cherub said...

oops...apparently wrong sheena..muahahaa
eh, r u the one thats 1st year student in NUS? lol

Anonymous said...

Haha.. Yup, definitely wrong Sheena...

I am in NUS, but 3rd year.

Cherub said...

oh my god, i still think i know u.
arts?

post me an email!
archcherub@hotmail.com

JiangX said...

Ah, apparently I got it a long time ago aft the death of my livejournal one.... just that I decided to use blurty instead of blogger for some reason.... heh.

Thinking of swapping over.... but we'll see. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...