Friday, December 3, 2004

Boys and Girls

Had a very interesting night out with CaptainPlanet and MrPasserby.

And oh boy....



if you know me, you probably would have guess that I get along with girls more readily than guys.



so i don't have much topic with normal guys.

  • I don't play sports. NOT a single one. hell, i even refuse to play "Virtual Tennis".
  • I have no interest in soccer. I only learnt recently that EPL stands for English Premier League. Enough said.
and come on, look at me.

  • I'm the lousy emotional, sentimental bitch. lol.
  • I'm -sigh, this is embarrassing- the more feminine guy. in terms of feelings. NOT actions.
  • I study in Faculty of Arts and Social Science!! (Faculty of ASS for short). Come on, i won't kid u here. the ratio is like 5 to 1? Just in my Money and Banking tutorial, there is a overwhelming number of 4 guys in a class of about 30 girls?
(btw, now you know why arts canteen is full of engineers. Yeh yeh, the food is better here. Riiiiiiite.)



so, obviously i developed a negative reputation among those guys who dunno me well.

they will tend to label me as a buaya. (definition from Talkingcock.com)



BUAYA

Malay for “crocodile”. Means “lothario” or wolf, i.e. sleazy pick-up artist. May also be used as a verb.

1. “Johnny’s after Jane, even though he’s supposed to be with Jenny. What a chao buaya.”

2. “Look at Johnny buaya-ing Jane.”


Now now, I guess its natural that I get labelled, *unjustly, may I add* as buaya by people that are unfamilar with me....



but the magic topic of our conversations is....



Why is CaptainPlanet spared the bad press?

What is his aura????????



CaptainPlanet, in my humble opinion, from the surface, appears waaaaay more buaya. (OH COME ON captain! You admitted that yourself :D)

But he has not suffered much bad press.

WHY DUDE WHY?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Captain feels sorry for me, and I am goddamn sorry about it too.

MrPasserby thinks its because I'm too AA (attract attention).



Rats. Come to think of it, my extraordinary height is surely not helping.



And yes, sigh, I think I'm too cartoon.

Oh great, now that I mentioned it, a super tall dude flapping his arms.

very very helpful.



I have "high exposure" too, apparently, as voiced Passerby coz I'm helpful and do a lot of things.



wait a minute. isn't "helpful" supposed to be a cherished value?

Because you're helpful, you get labelled as buaya?



FLASH BACK: TO my VERY FIRST blog entry.



Staying in Block E at a NUS hostel, there was a time when someone asked me to go block A to fix someone's PC.

It was a double room and while I was there, trying to enable internet connection for her, some jerk walked past and exclaimed loudly "Wah, u buaya girls all the way from block E to block A"


Hahahaha. I was referring to another jerk, but after tat I realised CaptainPlanet was there too with that jerk and he was there saying the same thing, stabbing me hard and silently.



haha. Okok, captain, i promise I won't remind u again :P

(meanwhile, will someone kindly remove this dagger sticking out of my back?)



Yeah. Helpful is not a good thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



But it can't be that factor that makes me a buaya but not Captain because Captain is a very helpful guy too (though limited, he can do a lot of things. Like mobilising funds for social projects, aka "Fridge of Love")



Maybe coz he got a core group of male friends?

Oh come on, I too have a strong supporting group of hardcore friends!!!





WAIT. I take that back.



Two-face: Aiyah cherub shoot 10,000 arrows in the air, see who he can get lor....

cherub: -.-"



Yanzifan: Cherub is the author of the 10 Commandents of Chasing Girls.

cherub: -.-"



Someone: Did cherub chase miss so-and-so?

MrPasserby: that was such a long time ago.....dunno lah.

cherub: will someone kindly remove that dagger from my back?



(for the record, its a solid NO, for god's sake)

Haha. for all their silliness, I just can't get angry at them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Maybe, as Captain first used the word, coz I'm "slick"?

oh god. I sound like those...you know...



Chinese-snake-oil-salesman.

Haha..you know those old men that set up a stall with a mat and pictures, and start demonstrating the power of their snake-oils.

Lelong ah Lelong ah! Eat this everything also good ah!
having a glib tongue reduce your trust level, I learnt.

(not the first time I got in this, this is crucial in ur love courtship life too)



Shit. How can pple trust me in my job then?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It was only hours later, we finally analysed the reason why Captain escaped all the bad press.



He had (whether its a "had" or a "has", debatable, but that will be another blog entry)....



......a target in hall.





That explains it!!!

When he declared a target, he made it totally legitimate to go around buayaing!

No one bothers to give him a bad press, because technically he is not interested in any other girl!

And everyone support him in his courtship!



whereas cherub, since he is not chasing anyone.....

that means all his helpfulness and all his friendliness are all part of the 10,000 arrows in the air!

its all a big sophiscated plot to source out a girl for him!



Tongues wag when they see cherub in a room configuring playing with the laptop. OH confirm he buayaing.

but if u got a target, then no one will say anything, because they all know you're just interested in that target and no one else.



That, my friend is his holy aura.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This is a great game that reflects society

Big fish eat small fish.

just don't get eaten.



The fishy game - Play it!



The games that u discover during exams. Haha.



Now you know why god shot down my internet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...