Saturday, December 25, 2004

everybody...dance to the music...!!!

Hey Macarena!



Remember the silly macarena dancetrack?

Remember the silly macarena dance?



I DID THE MACARENA DANCE, FULL TRACK.

OUTSIDE TAMPINES MRT.

ON CHRISTMAS DAY.



TWICE.



*clap clap*



HEY macarena!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Roadshow at Tampines. Focusing on medical insurance using CPF medisave.

And CPF investment.



"but cherub", you say, "what has CPF investment to do with macarena?"





HOW I KNOW? ASK THE MANAGERS LAH!!!!





Financial Service consultants that use window 95, may I add.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Aye, actually the logic is this, if you dare to muster the courage to dance in the public (and such a ridiculous dance, may I add), you won't feel so paiseh & will face less restrictions in approaching and canvassing the public for deals.



In any case, the dance caught the attention of the public, one of which eventually closed a deal with this lady colleague of mine. In 1 day, she netted almost $1,700.



Hell, I will dance Macarena in Orchard if you pay me half of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



My only consolation, as always, it could have been worse



If we had danced the Ketchup Song, I will cry.





I tell you, insult the tomatoes and they will KILL you.





Seriously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



in this line, you need tons of motivation and those peer talks, know what I mean?

Those "I am the best, I can do it" BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Yes yes, those are the lines that they keep on reinforcing to me, again and again.



And all I hear is, "BLAH BLAH BLAH".



I mean, I know this job takes patience and you must be able to hand rejections. (blah blah blah)

but i'm a cynical dude who hates motivation talk. save it dude. I motivate myself, and I hate those "special case" motivation.



"last road show, miss xxx earned $6500 in 1 day!!"


I know lah, there are bound to be a few talents and lucky ducks now and then, but don't use that to motivate me, I hate it. I know the law of large number. I know the idea of "a big fish in every 200 rejections". (blah blah blah)



don't motivate me. don't give me glorious war stories.

(blah blah blah)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Of course, the bad thing abt managers is that u tend to develop too close a talking r/s with her, and U forgot that she is YOUR BOSS.



hence, nxt time u wanna put down a product or motivation talks, take it from cherub.



SHUDDUP.



been there, done that.

{referring to the consequences of not shutting up}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Once again, I have proved that where cherub's academic results is concerned, hard work has a negative relationship with excellence.



i think this semester is the one that I put in the most effort. (yah yah, to those who I copied researched your tutorials, i know i may not be the most hardworking guy, heh heh, but I got study very hard, lah. REALLY.)



but the result is less rewarding than those semesters in which I really lazed till the cows gone home.



Lesson #47: The less effort you put in, the better your CAP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I think I'm soooooo gonna score in my thesis, judging from Lesson #47.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



SHIT!!!

I just realised something...... no wonder I got such tough result in today roadshow!!!



OK tomorrow I shall SIT THERE AND WAIT for my sugar mummy to come in with her CPF statement.



"boy ah, i got $100,000 in my CPF, can help me invest in some safe funds?"



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...