Saturday, December 11, 2004

I saw something abt "helpfulness" while out with Captain & Passerby that will make me think twice whenever beggars ask for money.

I saw an old beggar at the underpass (linking Taka and Lucky Plaza) in his yellow singlet playing harmonica and asking for money.

An hour later, I saw the him at Scotts boarding a cab.



HELLO!? I didn't even drive my car today! I took bus and mrts (and cabs lah, i admit) today. I didn't drive coz I was trying to save money....

AND THIS BEGGAR TOOK MONEY TO TAKE CAB????



Why? the MRT too low-class for you?*





Eh the Tokyo Metro system. wow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



what about the famous blind man that likes to squat in the middle of the traffic crossing, right in the danger zone, so that people will buy from him?

Someone, who didn't know that is his business practice, rushed to help him...



Uncle uncle....You're standing in the...

Do you wanna buy anything?

huh? er..no.

Then fark off!! don't disturb me.
I am serious. He used vulgarities on a stranger whose sole intention was to help him out.

And as reported in the Straits Times, he rejected help, he denied a foldable chair from another kind soul, prefering to squat in the middle of the road instead.



I am not too sure, if he doesn't want pity and sympathies, prefering instead to conduct a business, then why squat in the middle of the road?

And helpful pple don't deserve to be furled with vulgarities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I used to have this mentality: better support them in their business than them begging.



I seldom reject any of these people selling tissue papers.



Better that I buy something and support their livelihood than them degenerating into outright beggars.

They have prides too, and selling tissues is much better than begging.



I pay $1 for 1 pack of tissue, it may be an expensive price, but the mere $1 buck to us goes a looooong way for them.



Problem is, there are so many of them, and with so many negative incidents, I am beginning to doubt the authenticity of most of them.

Even before the cab-beggar, the rudeness of the blind man, I was already dejected over helping people.



Remember the $80 i lost to a cheater that preyed on my kindness?

The man that took his daughter a 6yo kid in his con job just so that we will lower our defensive shell and readily hand out money to help.



he didn't just steal my hard earned money.

He took all my kindess away.



I haven't bought a single tissue pack since then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Meanwhile, Miss Concubine is away in Taiwan......



for this show....!!!







I can't believe it. there are times when the host will introduce certain segments of the 'live' audience that came all the way from Singapore for the show....

but now Miss Concubine has a ticket to the show, and she is in Taipei now!!!



cherub : tat day the Guess girls really really chio

Concubine: haaa..im going taiwan tml

cherub: the 1st one is..... wahhhh

cherub: wudi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concubine: damn excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

cherub: i hate u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concubine: hahahaha

Concubine: my flight is damn early

Concubine: i gotta wake up at 5.30 tml

Concubine: shit man..think i really gotta slp le..or else

tml sure cham

Concubine: gotta go already. see ya after i come back!

Concubine: byebye!!!



cherub: OEi!!!!

Concubine: ?

cherub: help me get YCL's hp!!!!!

cherub: 9*censored* is my hp number

cherub: :)

Concubine: that's not possible man

cherub: hahahhaaha

Concubine: hahaha

cherub: i know lah

cherub: goodnite!!! :P

Concubine: okie byebye!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Apparently, there are people who can sleep till the end of the world.



Captain encountered this incident in which a girl feel asleep in a cab, and totally can't wake up.



Despite SHOUTINGS, vigourous shaking....she just slept through everything.



its only when they (an entire crowd has gathered around the cab) applied ointment, then the girl just suddenly wakes up.



Someone in Taiwan did the same thing, fell asleep in a traffic jam and didn't wake up. With the whole world horning and shaking her, the police has to bring her to the hospital which she wakes up mysterious and obviously damn embarrassed by the incident

I kid you not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



From mrbrown's blog-link,



Hands up moms who have received flak from their moms and/or moms-in-law for breastfeeding their kids!

Yep, I thought so. My missus will also say amen.

Famous words from a Milk Powder generation of grandmothers:

"Your milk enough meh?"

"You so weak, how to breastfeed?"

"Your breasts so small, sure enough milk or not?"

"The baby still looks hungry, maybe we should also give it formula/porridge/cornstarch...



Huileng shares her experience and also talks about the old wives' tale that breastmilk is actually blood.

5 comments:

Merenwen said...

Yeah I seriously doubt the authenticity of all these so-called "beggars" who, amazingly, have to beg on the streets despite being relatively young and still with all four limbs attached securely.

I remember once, this geezer approached my friend and I to ask for money, and when we shook our heads, he let loose some Hokkien expletives at us, spat, and walked off.

Ever since then I've NEVER given money to any supposed beggar who asked for it.

Merenwen said...

Oops, by the way, Merenwen is me, Sheena.

Cherub said...

sigh...betrayal of trust is the worst.

Anonymous said...

hey, u are really very generous, and I'm sure u've made a difference to many needy people who could use the extra few bucks. It's sad that some people would cheat people who have sympathy for others. As for that beggar, dun feel too bad about it, maybe he was taking a cab to visit his relative in hospital? There is a slight possibility, u know.

Cherub said...

hey hey anonymous...
is this sheena? or someone else?

actually, u think abt it, i will say most pple are kind enough to shell out the money for the needy.

I am just angry that there are money cheaters and tricksters that prey on kind hearted pple....and the worst part is that these kind hearted pple will be more reluctant to help other needy pple..:(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...