Friday, September 15, 2006

IMF = I'M Fed-up

so i went to Marina Square to have dinner with neofik & a close friend.

yes, someone read in the newspaper how business in Suntec area has suffered and he sympathise with them, so he decided to shop in suntec.

Dude! their business is suffering for A GOOD REASON!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I drove around a few rounds and i can't find a bloody open road towards Marina Square.
All the major roads around Suntec City have been closed.

Rows of steel fences.
Barricades that open only to cars with authorised pass.

Delegates got BMWs to chauffeur them from their hotels to Suntec.
We Singaporeans also must BMW into the Suntec area.

Bus, Walk or Mai-go there lor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so a 1 minute road entry turned into a 20minutes-trying-to-find-my-way.

In the end, I gave up and decided to park at Shaw Towers
and I tot my sufferings had ended.

it has only just began.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A supposedly 10minutes walk from Shaw Tower to Marina Square turned into a 40minutes walk around suntec, around the steel fences around suntec.

i asked for directions 4 times, and with different answers twice.

all for a journey that is supposed to be less than 10minutes.
sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have never seen so many policemen in my life.

In HongKong, I heard of this phrase where u turn in any direction and walk, within 100steps, u will definitely reach a 7-Eleven Store.

In Suntec, you turn in any direction and walk, within 50steps, u will definitely reach any policeman.
there are lightly armed policemen, all with 1 rather clumsy legbags, traffic police, normal constances, armed gurkhas, etc etc.
All we lack is some Tanks.

At a certain point, i turned and i saw about 50 policemen at 1 go.


Cancelled leaves, Overtime for all our policemen.
Now is a good time to commit some crime, OUTSIDE suntec city of course.

sure no manpower to patrol the suburban area one....dun take my words for it, go rob a bank please.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best part, my friend who wanted to shop at suntec was damn sian to find out that IMF-WB delegates enjoyed a 30% discount, and NONE for him.

WHAT ABOUT US SINGAPOREANS??

You come my home, i have to tidy my house for you.
but I live in my own house, i don't tidy for myself?
And I have to prohibit myself from certain rooms in my house?

sorry hor, its 3.999999 smiles welcome the world hor.
I is frown.

5 comments:

Bao said...

That's Singapore mah... We invite FT here and give them special privileges to shit and spit in our country while we get fined for doing the same...

Only in Singapore... you think foreigners will dare to fuck around in M'sia/Indonesia?

Anonymous said...

neofik said....

wtf, IMF delegates get 30% discount??!! People come my house borrow my toilet to shit and I have to flush for them?

Wow, we really are good hosts eh.

we might as well bend down and suck it in while we are at it.

Yeah, the government can direct all the delegates to the suntec city convention hall and they cant even put up a proper sign that leads singaporeans to the correct place.

I dun expect to follow a sign saying suntect city only to come up on the other side of marina sq 30 minutes later.

Cherub said...

bao & neofik: Sad! sigh. 2nd class citizens in our own country. Time to migrate.... :(

Bao said...

U shld come TW now.. we can go taipei to take photos of the sit in and protest... once in a lifetime

Cherub said...

bao: can ask them to delay till jan.
i coming in jan!

but i like ah bian leh, he talks very funny...heehee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...