Friday, November 3, 2006

Today's headline: "Standing at another turning point" (irony of the month)

"Bigger apartments fetching higher unit prices than smaller ones"

From the Straits Times, Singapore's leading self-acclaimed #1 mainstream english newspaper (machiam got competition lor).

I know they meant that bigger apartments are fetching higher prices PER SQ FT, compared to smaller units.

but at first glance, this looks like a headline (headline of the Money section) from "DUH Magazine".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TODAY's chief editor, Mano Sabnani "resigned".

by "resigned" of course i meant that he was informed at the last minute that he either resigned, say nothing, received lip service on his past contribution and get his ex-gratia payment.

or get sacked.

I was reading Sammyboy's forum about this incident (EH, i read the "Alfresco Coffee shop for political and current affairs, NOT the other forum hor....)

Read abt the sacking resignation incident here.

Extract:

122550.1

Hello everyone

I registered this nickname a little more than a week ago after I heard that there were parties inside Mediacorp who were making a move to sack Mano Sabnani as Today's chief editor. Little did I know how ugly it would become.

On the surface, the corporate communications machine of Mediacorp will present everything as very nice and orderly. What you read here will be a reasonably accurate account related to me of what actually happened and not what you will read in Today, Channel News Asia, Straits Times or Business Times.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And people ask me why I hate my own country.


I was born a patriot.
I would stand upright as a child when the national athemn was played.
I watched the NDP every year.
I love the country and declared that I would die fighting rather than fleeing in any war.


now, I hate this government, and i hate this country.

3 comments:

Bao said...

actually what's wrong with Val Chua's article that caused the initial scrutiny on mano? I've read the article.. seems like there nothing too negative abt it.. esp on the Lee family.. somemore she was just recounting wat mm lee said at the community event.

http://swordofdemocles.blogspot.com/2006/11/on-handling-brutal-truth.html

Bao said...

one more thing... govt and country are diff...

you can hate the govt but still love the country...
a country is compromised of not just the govt, but also the pple, culture etc...

here in tw a lot of pple hate the govt.. but they are still damn proud of their country...

Cherub said...

tats why in my previous post, i said "i have zero love for this country which my government corrupted."

-.-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...