Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Oil in Singapore: Where the hell is it?

help....

okok..before I explain why I have been missing from the blog scene...let me appeal for help...

I think the desperation of the situation is not emphasised enough.....

HELP!!!!

I'm doing an economic thesis for my final year, and its titled "Oil in Singapore: Past, Present and Future".
Damn ambigious title, I know.

As the title suggest, I will appreciate all kind of data, analysis, readings or whoever/whatever can be obtained about the petroleum industry in Singapore

Petroleum ==> Oil refining, oil blending, oil trading (financial trading included), petrochemical, bunkering, jet fuels, oil-rigs/tankers constructions, oil exploration services, oil retailing, oil spot markets, anything to do with OIL in Singapore.

Any smart alec trying to tell me abt palm oil or peanut oil will have his mobile number transferred to my company's telemarketing department.

Oil, the BLACK GOLD! I need help. Email me here!!
can someone swop in and help me complete start my thesis? I have only 1 more month to go....

BTW, I'm single, tall, dark and handsome presentable, and willing to do anything.

-.-"
Man, I am desperate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The main reason why I have been absent from the blogging scene is due to my grandfather's death on the 2nd day of Chinese New Year.

Ya, as the eldest grandson, I need to perform many rituals for his funeral, and to be at the wake for the 5 days.

There are many issues for me to blog, from personal feelings and emotions, to musings about chinese culture and values. You do experience some very different forms of emotions and different traditions and rituals regarding Chinese culture, especially when its a death in the family in the middle of Chinese New Year.

Yah, but I never got past the draft mode of blogging. Maybe I'm just collecting my thoughts. Maybe I'm not too sure how should I blog.
I'm too used to blogging nonsenses and funny stuff, suddenly, I'm at a loss in blogging about personal issues.

Or I'm just plain lazy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone interested to in being a sales promoter for the upcoming IT Show 2005 (10th - 13th March) for Canon Printer/Scanners/AIOs (All-In-Ones), just email me.. My friend is hiring promoters.

Its not a bad job. You get a basic pay and commission on your sales figure.
Plus, you get to know a lot more about printers and scanner technologies, and technical details.

I know, I'm such a nerd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


我猜, 我猜, 我 猜猜 is back!
In case u're wondering, she's 楊丞琳. I LOVE THIS TYPE OF HAIR MAH. of course, avid blogders will know that I have a liking for this type of hair.)

At least 2 different pple have msn me immediately after they saw the TV commericals.
Yes, its back on Saturday, 9:30pm.
Prime-time slot leh, mai siao siao....

the irony thing is, I'll probably have to miss more of it, since its easier for me to catch it at late timing such as 11pm plus, rather than prime-time .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miss concubine is going Taiwan, AGAIN.

This time, she is going with the 4 Seasons Girls.

No, they are not the latest additions to the KTV scene, you dirty old man.
They are the 4 jude babes of economics Honours AY2004/05.

And they are going to watch the 我猜, 我猜, 我 猜猜 show "live" in Taiwan.

oh man, I need some guys to go Taiwan with me!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the thing I learnt from the funeral-in-middle-of-CNY is that we chinese are probably the only culture in the world (correct me if I'm wrong) that values money so much in our life.

In happy times.....



Since the start of River HongBao, the giant statue of "Fortune God" has been there every CNY season.
The organiser decided to have a refreshing change last year and errected a statue of a Monkey (last year was Monkey Year) and oh boy, I heard that everyone who met up with the organiser asked him "WHERE'S THE FORTUNE GOD".

Needless to say, the Fortune God is back this year.

Every now and then, the "Fortune God" spews small pieces of "gold" papers with the chinese words for prosperity, and of course, a number at the back for those 4D lottery buyers.

in unhappy times...

And then in death, we have money to come in again as a form of support and condolences for the bereaved family. Known as "white gold" literally in Mandarin, its a part of our Chinese traditions to give this white gold when paying respect during the wake.

And yes, the Chinese underworld is very money-oriented as well.

we burn lots of paper wealth for our deceased grandfather.
It was tons and tons of "gold" and "silver". We burnt a "car", a grand "manison" that comes with maids, additional cars, and many many boxes of treasures.
almost every ritual involved the burning of some "gold" or "silver".
for the entire 5 days of wake, one has to continually burn "gold" or "silver" at this basin next to the coffin, one at a time, to ease the transition to the underworld.

even in this grieving times, I find it amusing that living chinese singaporeans like to think about wealth and riches.
yes, I'm talking abt the never-ending quest for 4D and Toto lottery numbers.

Yup, the license plate of the paper cars.
the license plate of the Funeral Car on the day of burial.
the license plate of MY CAR which was used to lead the funeral procession.

OK, I must admit, i bought 4D of these numbers too. :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And no, I never tio toto or 4D. Damnit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...