Tuesday, April 26, 2005

What's the point?

UPDATE!!
Okok, I have to insert some shameless plug in here.
Please do watch CNA (Channel News Asia) on Monday (02 May' 2005)!
8:30pm, "Local Express" on CNA!!

You'll get to see cherub on tv. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whats the point of laws?
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whats the point of teachers?
"What's the point of teaching when only the learned are willing to learn."
- Relentless (1980-Present A.D.)
Those that need the most guidance, are those that refuse to be guided.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a conversation's worth

cherub:
i am [supposed to be] a financial planner, remember?

but i am helping pple who are savy, who are already rich.

those pple who are stubborn....i can't help them...and i'm suddenly quite sadden that these pple are going to work and be poor their whole life

C.Planet says:
hiyah....its their choice wat...even jesus also cant save everyone....

"The rich are the ones fetching returns over 10 percent off their wealth, while the poor are deluded with 0.125 percent."
- Cherub (1980- Present A.D.)

What's the point of so called financial planning when those who need it most are those who are most sceptical?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding the earlier post abt teachers, I wasn't very clear and specific.

Just to clarify, I wasn't arguing about people's ambitions and aims in life when they do a job for the sake of holding a job.
I am fine with that. I believe most of us don't choose our first job, they choose us.
And any job is fine as long as it brings home the bacon.

However, teaching is different.
If i don't do my job well, my clients can jolly well get another agent. At most, he may suffer some losses and miscalculation in his assets. It won't make a huge dent in his life.

if a teacher don't do his job well, its gonna affect a lot of people in their whole life. Right from the start.

I'm pretty sure I had a blessed life. With a good family, and enrolled in pretty decent schools from primary till university. And I dare say most of my friends in the same social circle, having reached university level, belongs to the better half of society.
Most of us haven't seen the unfortunate, uglier side of life.

And for these people, especially those with a poor family background, the teacher is one that is going to decide their life.
Its the teacher that will be a role model.
That will motivate them to choose their paths in their life.


To the teachers that are guiding many many others, a big thank you.
I hope MOE increases ur remuneration soon. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To those teachers who don't like their jobs,
who slept with their students (2 in last year slept with their underaged students, if i recall correctly)
and mostly recently, a lecturer-caught-buying-sex-with-underaged-boys,

Go be an insurance agent or something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little perspective Cherub since my parents r teachers..wat I see abt them is professionalism: doing their end of the job & success for the student deps whether they do their part as well. I don't see the idealism after so many years. I guess teaching in this sense is like other jobs where u do what you are paid to do. Yes, they do inspire students but only those that choose to be inspired. Jx

Anonymous said...

A good insurance agent prefers to criticise other jobs than their own. Thats y sometimes we do find them irritating...

Do well in individual's realm and the world will be less noisier...

Cherub said...

to Jx: agreed. but a new teacher with idealism and passion that lost it midway...isnt that better (albeit slightly) than someone who sees it just as a job?

to anoy: i criticise my job all the time. All the time. :P
Beside, I only criticise some teachers because I LOVE teachers. they influenced me so much when I was young and naive.

Ok...fine, now I'm old and naive..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...