Monday, March 14, 2005

Library is closing in 1/2 an hour's time

Oh my.

I never though I would ever work in the library till closing time.
but I did it.

twice.

one of them on a Sunday.

#!%$$#!@#, sunday afternoon spent in NUS library.
And I can't believe that when they announced that the library is closing in half-an-hour time....in my mind, I actually went..


"wat? so fast? I still need to do more work...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yes, I have so much books, and oh boy, most of them are super thick.
imagine cherub on a large table meant for 2, with books sprawled all over them.

and yes, even the librarian who was clearing the stacks of books on the shelves came to my table and asked


"are you still using all these books?"


"yes" meek cherub whimpered.

I was so guilty with the large volume of books I had taken, i didn't want the poor librarian to return them for me, so I had to make 3 trips to the bookshelves to return all the books. too bulky to carry at one go.
And no, i didn't make 3 trips coz I'm too weak to carry all of them, thank you very much.

but i do think i need to get some sunshine soon.
on 2nd thoughts, i shld just sit closer to the fluorescent lights next time.


You grow taller with lights. How you think cherub grow so tall?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come to think of that, it wasn't just twice that I spent my time till closing time.
tat was only the NUS library.

I spent so much time in the ISEAS (institute of southeast asia studies) library too.

Which I really must hao lian here....

I am a user of ISEAS library!!!

Whats the big deal, you asked.

oh crap, u think wad? national library anyone can walk in ah?
ITS NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC, okay?!!!

I must ask my supervisor to use an offical NUS letterhead, with the proper authority to seek permission for me to use their library for a specific period of time can. :)
somemore i got to use their allocated visitor parking space.
Wah, i have been just promoted to a higher-level nerd!

hey, the nerds academic-inclined professionals using the library are very eh, well dressed can. i usually see the guys wearing jackets and etc, and even got photographer come and take photos for some interviews with this important-looking guy.

the important-looking guy took the hassle of moving a whole stack of unrelated books (i checked, they are all in Bahasa Indonesia) to the table for the photoshot.

Look like ang-mor also know how to wayang.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...