Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Greener on the other side - Part 1

A coincidence?

In a span of a month, a lot of my friends/clients have lamented to me about their present situations.
and how restless they are.
from different walks, some from the same university, some from overseas, some hv a bright future in their present jobs, some...well, not really.

but they all hv the same background: Young and just started work.

Maybe its the restless minds of the young.
there seems to be a large amount of discontent.

after a long 16years of education, and longing to start a new phrase of our lives, many are simply disappointed in the work we do. some of us are merely pencil-pushers.
or as one puts it, "highly paid clerks".

i can't really complain about my job, given that it has many perks and many aspects of the job fit my character well. everything is nice but sometime, as the Matrix phrased it for me...


"are we destined for greater things?"


at abt 10, i was fixated with cells and division. i read up on biology as much as i could, cranking as much info about tissues and cells as possible. i was very sure i want to spend my life with a microscope, peering at the miracle of life everday.

then i grew up from young reading about alternative renewable energies. i got interested & wanted to do something that matters, to see if i can develop a blueprint for singapore.
heck, i think i know more abt alternative energy than the average engineer.

i got fascinated abt fusion and fission technology, i read about breeder reactors, abt pebble core fuel, about laser fusion and magnetic fusion.

nanotechnology interests me too, its amazing to me how "disruptive" this technology could be. from fighting dieases to combatting pollution and creating structures beyond nature.

and hey, even when i confined myself to my disclipine, i googled economics of oil for fun. i checked out the fundamentals of weather-insurance, crops futures. i read up on real value of virtual economics built up in virtual space by gamers.



but what do you know. turn up that I can't make a big difference in this world after all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...