Friday, November 25, 2005

Greener on the other side - Part 2

Saw this article about a 18yo boy who has NOT completed his diploma and he already won an election for a Mayor of a city.

whooo. 18 yo and he already accomplished what many had only dare dream. (not literally being Mayors lah, but accomplishing what we set out to do)

a mayor.

wonder when would I hv a decision influence in so many people's lives.

Hmmm, my dream in insurance is to hv 400 clients by 2007, and to grow with these clients. even if i managed to reach my target of 400 clients, i can only help to reach the dreams of 400 families.

Not exactly the size of a small city, but oh well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And of course David Letterman got the 18-yo mayor on his show.
and the top ten list, reproduced here for your reading pleasure. :)

Top Ten Good Things About Being An 18-Year-Old Mayor

10. "Parents try to tell me what to do, I raise their taxes"

9. "Every night, a different member of the town council does my homework"

8. "It's every teen's dream: The power to regulate zoning laws"

7. "Goodbye, education budget -- Hello, brand new X-box"

6. "I got a call from Demi Moore"

5. "Trying to get the city hall on an episode of 'MTV Cribs'"

4. "I don't have to wait in line at Applebee's anymore"

3. "School bullies now have to deal with the Feds"

2. "Only victory speech featuring the word 'Dude'"

1. "It's flattering when President Bush calls me for advice"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...