Friday, November 5, 2004

Pre-birthday excitement

A few more days to the grand day of mankind's joy!!



I've already received my first birthday present, can you believe it?



Its from my manager. Talk about good service.

Guess what it is?



A Purple Tie!!!



haha. I believe thats a subtle hint to my dressing habit.



I must be the most causally dressed financial services consultant ever.

The minimum most agents dressed is a formal shirt and pants.



Guess what does Cherub usually dress in?



Jeans and, er, more youngster-kind-of-shirts lah. (just to clarify, i think the shirt above is ugly)



Heh. Hey, I'm young (i AM young) and I need to connect personally to my clients you know?



In fact the last time I met a client dressed formally in shirts and pants, he was feeling awkward, so I thought maybe I should have stick to more youngster-looking-attires. (I AM YOUNG)



In any case, the purple tie must be a subtle hint to get dressed really formally.I haven't told my manager yet, but I have actually tailored lots of shirts and pants, not to mention bought a few more ties (non-purple) in the past few weeks.



Professionalism starts from carrying yourself professionally.

(beside, I look good in professional attire. enough said.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



And mizu_ayuko has pledged to buy a nice wallet for my bday.



eh. especially after seeing my current one.

People who don't know me usually thought that I went through the Iraq war after seeing my wallet. Hell, its worse, they probably thought I went through the USA presidential elections.

Its battered, torn, and old.



Nope it didn't went through any wars (or elections) but I had to resort to this old wallet after I lost a newer wallet to some evil forces.



Eh, I placed it at a chair in a MRT station and walked off without taking it.

Meet cherub the forgetful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Alright, I have to admit. I love receiving gifts.



Its not the gift in itself, not the monetary value.

Its the pure joy of receiving a token of love, appreciation and nice stuff.



You feel much warmth and sunshine receiving even just a card.

Yup, I'm that easily contended.



All along growing up, I seldom receive presents for any reasons. Its just the way my family is. Seldom any gifts or exchanges of appreciations. Typical Asian family?



The first gift I bought for a family member is a Play-Doh set (to make "french fries & burgers") for my kid brother. Although he's 8yo now and I no longer see the Play-Doh set, but I remember clearly that he was damn excited and happy about the gift..haha...

and that started my penchant for receiving gifts.



to mizu, my manager (although she won't see this), "fallen angel", and those who have expressed birthday greetings to me so far, really really appreciate this. :P



to those thinking of buying me expensive presents or even, outright Hongbao, DON'T!!

I will not accept it. YES, tats to you, Swiss Miss.

I appreciate it, and I stand by Miss Kong's sayings (future economics lecturer), its the thought that counts.

A card will suffice. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Ooo..u know the 5 wanted gifts i wrote earlier?

You people really really shouldn't have ponder so much.....its for show only...



I don't want them.......



....









....only.



Muahahaha..



6) A mobile phone!!



Actually this will be the birthday gift that the most important, most handsome, most clever, and almost certainly most humble person in the world will be going to get for me.



Me.



But I'm not too sure what model should I get? I think I'm sticking to Nokia, despite my current model 6510 auto-restarting at the most critical time. Yes, right just after you typed that sms. That really make my day.



I want a phone that

  1. Looks good. I'm a mobile phone fashion victim.
  2. Allows simple note-taking, calendar-planning etc (no PDA-phones, pls, I'm a non-engineer)
  3. Preferably with blue-tooth technology. For that accident-prone driver.
  4. Did I mention "looks good on me"?


But which model? so far, while searching on the internet for a decent phone, this model is the one I like best.



Nice (phone) model.



Any phone model to recommend? And I mean either the phone or the person.

Heh, leave me a comment if you have phones to recommend.



7) A cool pair of shades.



What do you expect? Going to drive an "ah beng"(chinese gangsters) car liao, of course must get "act seh" (seh: hokkien for cool) shades!



Sunshades for the governator of the sunshine state.



I'm making a new comedy film "California: when the wrong dude govern"





Paris Hilton, posing as usual.



Look at that pair of.....shades.



8) An elegant name card holder (to be placed in car)



Something that is classy, and oozes sophistication.

Should be heavy enough so that it will stay put in the car when I'm driving. (people who have been my passengers before can testify to this important requirement)

Something that make pple "oooooo, what's that...soooo nice"





NAME cards holder! NOT pokercards holder!!



9) Accessories for the car.



Black Lancer.



I do think I need a spoiler at the back.

For those uninformed, a spoiler is this addition wing u add to the back of the car. When the car is running at very high speed (>120km/h), it act as a drag to force the car to stay close to the road. [as opposed to flying off the road]



For safety of course.





This guy must be a really really fast driver.



For those unskilled in bengness, a spoiler is also an "act seh" instrument.



Other kind of accessories:





Neon lights at the bottom of the car.



Flame thrower



For those moments when U just can't light the BBQ charcoals.



10) A blonde



Imagine Paris Hilton as my, ahem, financial client.

Manage her million dollars trust funds. Muahahahhaa...the best of both world.



KTV with Britney

Tennis with Anna.







Man, I need a life.

2 comments:

Brainy Bimbo said...

Hello, my first blog comment:) Ur blog never fails to entertain me..particularly when i being forced to go to my office and lock myself up on a bright sunny SATURDAY Morning...*yawnz* (I should be lying on the beach, even on the bed is a better option, ARgh..anywhere but in my frozen cell.) Paiseh, im like using ur blog to type my blog. Hey, im going to stick to the most economical gift of all among all your "not-very-short/demanding/expensive" present list. Im going to give you a.....birthday card. Wait till u ask me out bah *wink wink*.

Btw..paris hilton happens to be one of my most hated Beeearch (bi***), try not to put too much photos of her. Walking down Taka's Guess? is already rather torturous. Alrite...i shall not continue.:)

Cherub said...

A birthday card? Is that it?
Oh man.

I hope u get locked up in ur cell more often.
Muahahahaha.

U need to stick some more expensive stuff to the card. Like money.
check or cash order will do as well.

BTW, Paris hilton is a gorgeous, well in your words, "beeearch".

You can get me that poster in Taka's Guess as a gift.
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...