Tuesday, November 9, 2004

The holy day of Mankind

Stupid things I've done so far (this is getting far too regular in my blog)



  1. Need a pen. Bought a pen. Paid for pen. Left the cashier. without the pen.
  2. Wanted new internet access package. Cancelled exisiting internet access 1 mth in advance so that can take up new plan. After 1 mth, internet cut. had forgotten to take up new plan.
  3. Dialup with my laptop. Didn't realise virus can survive speed less than broadband.

Solution I've came up with:

  1. Bought another pen
  2. Bought a new internet access package.

In fact, I got a better internet deal, since I went down to NUS and took up the SingNet student offer. There is however, a registration charge of $42 applies.

The sweet babe in charge waived it off for me coz of my birthday.

(Nay, who am I kidding. She didn't waive it coz of my bday. I don't go around declaring my bday. *look at my MSN nick* okok, i take that back.

she waived it coz she's nice)

The only bad thing is I have been without internet at home for the past few days, and till 12th Nov. Can you believe it?

Birthday without internet? Oh my god.

I'm the one that defined "INTERNET ADDICT."

fear not, my laptop to the rescue. In my attempt to access the world wide web (actually MSN and ICQ are more like it), I braved my unprotected (anti-virus software expired) laptop using a ridiculous dialup 56.6k in the last frontier.

The entire WindowsXP got corrupted and crashed at 11:52pm. just 8 minutes before my birthday.

I kid you not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bday has been quite heart-warming so far.

This semester has been sort of a culture shock for me. (Okok "culture shock" is exaggerating) Out of hall life, I'm now exposed to social life within this bigger but tighter economics honours batch.

And damn glad I made these new friends... for they really warmed my heart.

For many of the economics students, my fellow comrades-in-arms, ahhhh, how should i put it?

Before this semester, I have NOT seen most of you, ever.

Nope, I haven't seen u, supercarwash. Neither you jedimaster. (wait, i remember the super blue hair!). Nor Swiss Miss, Miss Kong, Ivory, Ling, muddyger, Samantha, JX, Nomad etc.

Not even the 4 beauties who I nicked the Four Seasons.

And what a great brunch of kids they are. Haha. Had my fun for the semester washing cars with supercarwash, light-sabering with jedimaster, blah blah blah.

Oh man, i didn't know there is a social life beyond hall. And I tot all NUS students are nerds!

Turn out that the nerds belongs to other faculties/departments. heh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got a home made card from Miss Kong and Swiss Miss!! and delicious chocolates to boot.

And of course a fiercely red hong-bao. :)

ivory, one of the sweetest girl in NUS, was rather sweet. She was chatting with me when my laptop took a vacation to "XP-blue-screen-of-death-land". She knew I was upset, and she declared she gonna bombard me with sms and wishes every hour of my bday.

And her song, marvellous, except for the part..

"happy XXth birthday to you!!!!!!"

haha. Its good that pple don't know my age.

rats. I've aged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



the many birthday greetings and wishes via ICQ, MSN, SMS, emails and of course, those personal face-to-face wishes.

You warmed my day...and my life.



THANK YOU.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The good thing about sharing a birthday with someone in a tightly-knitted group is that celebration is double the fun. The group does more for your birthday, because, ahem, economics of scale. Haha.

Of course, you get twice the cake. :D

Thats two cakes! 1 huge sticky chewy brownie cake, and 1 warm, delicious apple pie cake.

Damnit, just for that, I love you guys!!

(PS to the UNC gang: My brother didn't ate much of the leftover apple pie. I finished most of it.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talk about sharing birthdays with the most interesting person

I just watched shark tales.

Damn nice. The fish really looks like will smith.

And the female one, really looks like renee

Angelina jolie looks like Angelina jolie.

I don’t get it. What you mean the fish? What movie is that?

Oh, the actors act as fish in this new movie.

Really ah?

How they act as fish?


Oh, they wore costumes. You know, add fins and flaps.

Put some make-ups.


Then how come their face still can look like the actors, i tot costumes liao, should look like fish.

They don’t put on so much make up, so u can see the actors’ faces.

Really meh? very interesting leh. I wanna watch!

By then, the rest of the group is not exactly controlling their laughters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ended the day with 杨丞琳 (YCL) in 我猜, 我猜, 我 猜猜猜!!.

Okok, it was just my pure fantasy that 杨丞琳 ended my bday with me. OH WELL.

Apparently, there are some people in Taiwan, who works at consoling dejected people who just suffered from a broken relationship.

And this guy who is working in this line, said that his main aim is to help people realise that the best way to recover is to get out of the slump, and be a better person.

At the end of the day, make the other party REGRET that he/she dumped u.

对!对!对!说得真对!( 阿雅 Aya's quote of the show)

In any case, its a weird coincidence that in that particular (old) episode, it was Jacky Wu's birthday.

生日快乐!! Happy birthday, funny dude!!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahhahahahahha....that conversation is by far the funniest quote!

p/s; why no pics of your funky red hair??? *disappointed

nadine

Cherub said...

i think life in UNC will be very boring without her.
:P

Told you people she's the best Doris from "Finding Nemo".

Anonymous said...

hahahaha...i just cracked up reading that conversation...hee...
and it's apple CRUMBLE. not apple pie cake lar.

cw

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA...that's another good one at Joyce! Poor thing and she doesn't even know about it..go tell her to come read it. :P

And what red hair is Nadine talking about? You highlighted your hair??

Sophia

Cherub said...

to cw:

eh? NUS biz canteen got huge apple pie, so naturally i assume that cake u baked for me is apple pie cake. haha.
thanks for the apple pie.

let u into a secret: i dun really like apple pie tat much.
hahaha. and i actually finished that huge apple pie.
on my own.

to sophia:

i'm sure 'Doris' have read this entry. she probably don't know we're talking abt her. haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...