Monday, April 17, 2006

$, sex, & fat part 2

pj said in the last post that when she lent out money, she knew she won't see it again.

this isn't the first time I heard this theory: that when u lend out money, be prepared that you don't get it back again.

i don't know, but when I lend out money, my intention is to help out in times of crisis, and that the borrower has every intention to pay back.....

借钱有还,
再借不难。。。

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tink I realised that debt is something that can easily forgotten, for the borrower that is. Especially debts that are not contractual, there is no legal basis for recovery. Borrowers would always try and delay, or refuse to pay.
Its all in economics....

I would not lend money ever again. I promise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I recall a particular character, a guy that another friend introduced. Let's call him T-rex. He is very generous with his monies. When he first know me, he brought us to a nice restaurant in Boat Quay, treating us to steaks and stuff.
Begin generous, T-rex has no problem lending out his money whenever his friends need it.

T-rex also happens to be very generous with prostitutes.
He can spend an entire night with a prostitute, buying food and birthday cake to celebrate her birthday.

I was like, "whooo...WTF dude!".

and somemore from what I heard, its just a normal prostitute, not someone that he very close with, or wat.
Not that I want to de-humanise prostitutes, i think they are humans too, working for their livings and definitely a birthday cake would do a lot to make them happy.

BUT HELLO? some of them were just greedy and kept on sponging off T-rex. Talk whole night, complain abt conditions back home.....sigh. There are a lot of pple that need more help lor...

and so he was notorious for spluring on prostitutes.

Anyway, my friend was pissed that T-rex lent out so much money to so-called friends and unable to recover all these debts, although it was fairly obvious that these friends have the means to do so. They simply do not wish to pay back. My friend did not want T-rex to be made use of, so he hammered them and demand money back.

This particular guy borrowed money to buy an expensive motorbike, when being chased for the debt , he said,

"I just don't wanna pay back leh. If i pay back the money, he would simply spend it on prostitutes. For fuck! (editor: ahhh..the irony..) I may as well use his money for a better clause."


You know he got a point.
Money spent on those things are definitely waaaay better than spluring on prostitutes, with risk of STDs and all that...plus....BIRTHDAY CAKES??? (can't get over that...)

but then, that's T-rex money.... its up to him to do what he wants with his hard-earned money.

So what do you think??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a coincidence, i just learned from Newsweek that there is a new documentary out there that talks abt credit and debt, and how its hurting America. (america's national debt is more than....... USD $8000 billions. whooo!)

Newsweek article: Credit Cruncher
Movie link: Maxed Out

7 comments:

fEatHeRs said...

OUI!! T-Rex is my beloved ultra cute and smart chinchilla and not some toopidly generous money lender!

Does the people who you lend money to even read your blog? I was pissed with one of my friend for the same reasons and the moment he read my blog and know how pissed I was he returned the money immediately. Haha!!

pj said...

umm.. I feel quite angry for your friend T-Rex..
It's his money what. He likes to spend it however he likes, that is his business.
And just cos some people dun agree, that does NOT give them ANY RIGHT to say that he spend on prostitute for fuck?
Wah, then u buy motorcycle for fuck leh?
Admittedly, spending money on prostitutes not tt great too, but hey. he made a choice with what he wanna do with tt money, and since he's the one tt hv to live with tt decision, I believe it makes him happy to spend it tt way.
so no one shld judge.

having said tt, I wanna buy a new phone. for fuck leh. ;)

pj said...

wah the more i think abt it, the angrier i feel abt the 'motorcycle guy'.

my god. he's spending his 'friend's' money and he's criticizing his 'friend'on how to spend the money??

EARN THE MONEY FIRST then talk, can?

fscker.

Cherub said...

feather: haha...i didn't know they share the same name. Err...ur chinchilla totally unlike a T-rex lor...

pj: ya he made a choice, but the motorcycle guy believe that he made a bad choice, so to speak.

er, u wanna buy phone..for what?

pj said...

hey! it was just an expression.. u know. to make fun of motorcycle guy. for fuck.

hehe. but no, just making my point that if i wanna buy anything, i wouldn't want ppl to judge my purchases.

just that. :)

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

usually i dun lend money out nowadays (used to but alwiz never come back).

to me, heck care what the lender uses the money for fuck, if you borrow just bloody return.

that should be the way, isn't it. duh.

Cherub said...

pj: totally don't get ur joke leh. AHAHAHAHAHA. OKOK, i get it, i get it. :P

sÞ¡ηηєє: EXACTLY! borrow money must return as soon as possible mah...

that shld be the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...