Thursday, April 27, 2006

What if - Part 1

i just had an excellent flashback.


remember these gamebooks?

choose your own adventure! for those long-time-ago-pple with no Final Fantasy!

you know, those that goes something like this....


suddenly you saw the soldiers running towards you, their spears raised in the air. without hesitating, you bolted for the inner cities. you turned into a dark alley, where u stumbled upon many long wooden poles. You turned to ur left and you saw a small hole in the wall.

Do you crawl through the small hole? Turn to Pg 154.

Push the poles to try and block the alley, so as to delay the soldiers? Turn to Pg 22.

Ignore them. Run ahead. Turn to Pg 86.



i shld hv known.....read LoneWolf, see lah! now become LoneMan liao lah!

I remember reading these books. Though for the really cheem ones, like LoneWolf and this Party Adventure book (where up to 4 players can play together. siao ah, gather 4 pple to play book-games..... -.-"), I can't be bothered to really roll dices, and "fight battles".


I go into God mode and win every single battle.

@#%#$...read 1 book need so complicated or not....


Anyway, i realised playing the books reflected on my character a lot.

Things I learnt from the way I play gamesbook 10years ago

1) I'm a cheater coz I win all battles
2) I'm too lazy to select my abilities, what strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, aiyah! all FULL SCORE!

I would like to ignore the fact that I'm a cheater, or too lazy to fight battles, but hey, i don't think there is an idiot out there so dumb to roll dices alone and then if he died, he do wat? RE-READ THE WHOLE BOOK AH?? where got pple so dumb?

*wait...err..i'm sure some boys from boys-only schools sure like tat...*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


3) ....whooo...this is the most important.

whenever i meet a situation where i have to make a selection, say between choice [a] and [b]. I did this, I would go read [a], but I would let a finger stick in the section where i'm supposed to make the choice.
This is so that I don't lose that page....coz after reading [a] till a certain stage, i would go back and see what does [b] do.

Understand what I'm saying?

so usually choice [a] would lead to choice [c] and [d], and then [c] would lead to [e], [f] and [g], and [d] would lead to [h] and [i].
and there is [b] to go.

If i'm "lucky", one of the route would lead to death *yayy!!* or rather, eventually many of the choices would merge. for example, [c] would merge to same route as [g].
so 1 less finger in the book!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okok, if you don't understand.....drink some water and re-read again.
and if you're in office, just read slowly....office time is leisure time anyway.

soooo...my point is, my whole life is a series of "What if".

Yup. "What if".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swiss Miss is going to kill me for this.

I believe I turned down an attractive job offer to go overseas.
An attractive job that pays well, let u learn well, mingle with chiobus, in Switzerland.

Swiss Miss would give an arm and a leg to go. :D

can't believe i turn it down coz of insurance and this tiny-huge business I'm working on it.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What if..... I had gone instead?

4 comments:

pj said...

life is always full of what-ifs.

but you made your choice based on the information that you have, on what you probably felt was best at that time.

Things do change, but I'm sure that if you were placed in the same situation, you would have probably felt that whatever you decided was the best you could do.

So don't worry too much about what ifs. Just do the best you can.

:)

btw, I also read those books and I did exactly the same finger in many pages thing. ;P

Yiheng said...

Haha, I did the exact same finger thing and the god mode. I mean, if you only read one storyline, you would be wasting half the book lor.

Swiss Miss said...

What job is it??

If you have taken up the job offer, I'll ask you to get me any Rog-related stuff. The best will be a picture cum autrograph of him, haha :)

Cherub said...

pj: in real life, we can't turn the pages back, can we? :P

yiheng: yah lor!! don't waste the book!! heh heh

swiss miss: i would get the autograph and keep it for myself. heh, maybe i would burn it in front of u. HAHA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...