Saturday, December 10, 2005

#1 reason why I like taiwanese....

my close sec sch friend is venturing overseas to taiwan soon.



taiwan Posted by Picasa

i asked which city he was going and he told me "台中" (Taizhong, more commonly spelt in english as Taichung)

so i asked him gingerly, "where is Taizhong located? Is it in southern taiwan, or northern?"

he proceeded to stare at me, giving me the dun-think-you-are-my-insurance-agent-then-i-wun-stab-you.

i gave him my innocent look.

Posted by Picasa

he then explained, in a not-so-kind-way.

台中, the name Taizhong already means that its in the centre of Taiwan. The chinese characters for Taizhong is using "Tai" from Taiwan (台湾), and "zhong" , meaning central.

Wah like that also can!
Suddenly, the cogs in my brain turned.

The capital "Taipei" 台北, using the chinese characters for "TAIwan" and "north" , because this city is in north of Taiwan!

Wah. Cherub is so clever.

Eh, so i asked in my most sincere way, is there "Tainan" 台南, using the chinese characters for Taiwan and South, referring to a southern city of taiwan.

By then everyone knows cherub is turning into crappy mode and proceeded to ignore me.
(oh btw, I asked abt "Tainan" as a JOKE. and i just googled it and realise that there IS A TAINAN. 台南
Nabeh.)

these taiwanese pple really very lazy to name their cities.

so, i wonder aloud. wat about a city in east Taiwan?
Taidong? 台东 (once again, i thought of this as a joke, but guess what? THERE IS A TAIDONG.)

city in west taiwan? Taixi? 台西
WAH REALLY GOT TAIXI!!!

what abt northeastern taiwan? Taidongpei?
southwestern? taixinan?

HAHAHAHA.
what about south-south west? (geography students shld remember there is north-north-west, south-south-east kinds of directions)

so shld we call them Tai-nan-nan-xi?

HAHA.
i like taiwanese pple :)


the chinese characters read "guys love binlang" (binlang is "betel nuts", something that taiwanese chew, like tobacco. And the girls selling binlang are dressed sexily. VERY. =) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

blueapple said...

Taiwan!! I would love to go again! =D

Cherub said...

its a very nice place right?

i love binlang mei.....:P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...