Sunday, December 4, 2005

Greener on the other side - Part 3

A friend of mine made a very sharp observation recently.
almost everyone is unhappy with his job.

Does your dad encourage you to join his line?
Not many dad does.

His father is in accountancy, and he discourages his son strongly.
a mutual friend's dad is doing business in trading, encourage his sons not to do this line.

and we continue to bring out numerous cases where dad discourages sons/daughters to join their industry. we can only think of a few exceptions where family business is involved.

heck, my dad is in construction, and he started his company from scratch, but he doesn't want me to take over: construction is too tough.
even in his latest venture in retailing/trading/groceries, he doesn't want me to join this line too: he says this job is too tough and competitive.

say i make more money doing insurance. haha.

my dad's favourite line:
your dad is as poor as a church mouse.

6 comments:

Swiss Miss said...

Your dad is too humble. Anyway I wonder what role mothers play in helping their children decide their career line. It seems that dads play a more important role.

Grammar errors in lines 14 and 16. Same mistake :)

Cherub said...

oops. grammar errors rectified! :)

most of the cases i'm talking abt are guys, so i guess its easier for guys to look to their dad.

perhaps daughters look up to their mum?

pj said...

my dad tells me he's poor too.

and he strongly advises against me going into his line.

so i entered insurance too.

haha!

+ my mum is in the same line as my dad and she also strongly discourages.

guess it doesn't really matter which way...

Cherub said...

haha. a lot of dads discourage their children to enter their lines...lol.

eh pj, r u in same company as mine?

pj said...

you're in aia?

i'm in credit insurance - coface.

but u know, all the same lah.

Cherub said...

nay. i won't disclose my company :P

but i agree with u, its the same.
got slight difference now and then, but its the same...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...