Sunday, December 18, 2005

The economic guy

I just realised that i refer to my friends in "assigned groups"

my army friends
my sex sec school friends
my primary school friend
my JC friends
my E3 (hostel friends who stayed with me, E3 refer to Block E, level 3) friends.

err.

so i was telling rudewhennude that I would be meeting my economic friends for ice-cream.

she was pretty astonished. "so economic friends are friends you meet to discuss economic?"

NO lah.
actually economic(al) friends are friends who are economical to hang out with.
they are pple who bought insurance from me.

so the other friends are uneconomical friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EH! economic friends are my faculty-mates lah! :P we all graduated from faculty of economics mah.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weird me.
Spent a weekday, an entire thursday outside with friends, chitchat (partly work, partly fun), food, KARAOKE, and geylang supper....out till 3am.

and i spent friday and saturday night at home reading and MSN-ing.
my whole notion of weekends and weekdays is disturbed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How Average Joes can retire rich

Tune out that static. You needn't be an investing genius to retire with a big 401(k) balance.

In fact, when it comes to the three main choices you have in your retirement account -- how much to contribute, how to allocate your money between stocks and bonds and which funds to choose -- a recent study by Putnam Investments shows that investing prowess isn't what matters.

It's how much you sock away.

In other words, saving more leads to, well, more savings. Not exactly a revolutionary idea, true, but it's surprising how big a bang you get by upping the percentage of salary you put in and how slight the payoff is from being a fund savant
(con't here)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Two books that I went through reviews and stuff...that I would really wanna buy.
as long as I cleared my cupboards of all my unwanted stuff.

The Undercover Economist: Exposing Why the Rich Are Rich, the Poor Are Poor--and Why You Can Never Buy a Decent Used Car!

Freakonomics : A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything

Two great books! Anyone here who has read these books?

7 comments:

Winter said...

unwanted stuff = unwanted books??

share ur books lah... everyone would be willing to lend

hahahahah

pj said...

You know, I think I read the blurb on freakonomics like, once.

haha, apologies for not being more helpful - I only despise all forms of economics. Oh, except consumption, which I will readily do my best to help the economy increase GDP through increased consumption!

Cherub said...

to winter: lol. yeah i hv a lot of unwanted books. You want?

its mostly economics books, some history and computer books...

to pj: eh economics is damn fun lah. i must educate u again...:P

Anonymous said...

freakonomics is quite interesting. insightful econs stuff written in a "non-econs" manner. story-telling of various suppossedly run-of-the-mill econs situations, but investigates deeper to show that all's not wat it seems...

TS

Winter said...

economics?????

wat type??

:P

pj said...

oh no need to educate... i'm very stupid when it comes to economics. u will vomit blood. :)

Cherub said...

to winter: mostly textbooks stuff. maybe i shld write a blog entry on all these useless books hor...

to pj: dun worry, i'm an insurance agent. i already immune...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...