Thursday, December 29, 2005

Star of Fortune

i would love to blog more abt why i'm not blogging more.

but i can't.

so i'll hv to make pretend that i'm enjoying my life, watching lots of movies, playing classic computer games and reading books.
(come to think of it, this is quite close to the truth)

currently reading Jeffrey Archer's "Sons of Fortune"

Not one told me that Jeffrey Archer's novels contain romance and hints of sexuality.
just what i need in Dec, i'm pretty sure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

interestingly, the father of the protagonist is an insurance salesman who worked his way up to a regional manager (by regional, i don't mean an area the size of Ang Mo Kio, mind you).
he spoke abt insurance to, ahem, the President of the United States, in the White House.
sibei hao siao.


President Johnson listened attentively to Nat's father as he explained the problems Americans would be facing if they all lived to the age of ninety and were not properly covered by life insurance. 'In the next century, Americans will spend as long in retirement as they do in work', were the words LBJ repeated to his cabinet the following morning.

but there is another paragraphy that caught my eyes. something that my friends would know when I whine incessantly about the women these days.

......and you're almost the only person I know who always insists on paying his own way. You'd be surprised by how many people assume I'll pick up the tab just because I can afford it. I despise such people......

2 comments:

rt said...

should have asked me, I have all of Jeff Archer's books :P

Cherub said...

May i borrow from you?
that is, you must tell me who u are....:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...