Saturday, October 13, 2012

The day my smartphone died.

We are so dependent upon technology now, imagine if one part of that is taken away....
Imagine your smartphone is taken away from you....


I had that for one day, when my smartphone died in the morning.

In one swipe, I lost my alarm-GPSmap-notepad-database-contactlist-abilitytoUseInternet... and of course, the phone-calling ability too...
---------------------------------

I woke up 1 hour later than scheduled, coz the "alarm clock" did not ring.

I could not call up my colleague who had been waiting for at least 30 minutes and could not reach me on my mobile, as I could not remember her mobile number. I had to call another colleague whose numbers I memorised much earlier (Phew!), to pass the message that I would be late.

I could not check Google Maps to check on route while driving. I had 4 locations on this fateful day. Thankfully, I had drove to these places in the past and can depend on familiar routes, though in the morning, I had probably wasted 10 minutes doing unnecessary U turns.

I could not deposit the cheques, as all the bank account numbers are in my phone database. 3 Cheers for Cloud technology! I kept all my database in Evernote, which I accessed via some colleague's 3G iphone. 

I took a paper notepad and a pen and copied them many important numbers from my colleague's mobile phone to ensure I have access to them later..... First "notepad" i used in decades.

I could not make the next few whatsapp-messaging to confirm my few appointments, so I had to call office (number memorised too, phew!) to ask another colleague to whatsapp those appointments to inform them of my mishap and confirm all the timing. As there was no room for me to change timing, I have to plan waaay ahead and ensure I keep strictly to the timing.

Have to use office internet to find the nearest Service Centre to repair my smartphone..... and cancelling all my night appointments via facbook, to inform all my friends that I would not be able to meet up.


Just a hint on the model that I have been using.... THE PHONE, not the girl.
Samsung. Galaxy. Nexus.

--------------------------------

How would you survive life without smartphone?
No wonder this survey finds people prefer to give up sex than their internet access......


A moderate 21 percent of Americans would give up sex to keep the Internet on for a year. Japan topped the list of citizens who would make the sacrifice, with 56 percent who would abstain from sex. Brazilians were the least likely to give up sex for the web access - only 12 percent surveyed would give it up.
Somehow I'm not surprised Japanese topped the list of citizens who would give up sex for internet... I mean... look at their AV selections.... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...