Thursday, September 15, 2005

Train and Hospital

The contest mentioned earlier here..... is over.
I gave both tixs to my parents. and insisted that they spend a romantic date together.

(note to self: nxt time hold the contest a little longer! 3days zero application. 4th day, then everyone ask me whether they can go. damnit. I wanna go Orient Express also lor!!!)

U know you're there when ur father insisted that you better find a gf and bring her to the Orient Express, BY 26th SEPT.
爸啊,不是我不要。
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Time: Dad & mum demand suggest that you look for a gf only much later in life.
Now: Dad asked u to find a gf.
Mum asked u worryingly sincerely whether you are attached.

Last Time: all your relatives say the same thing abt hving a gf: Wait lor.
Now: in the hospital, your uncle told the nurse that you are staying in bishan also and asked her to talk to me. WAH LAO. Need like this or not?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

turns out that i'm the only one from my agency with enough production to win 2 tickets. the only other guy who is inside was awarded only 1 tix.
geez, going alone is sian, i think. because Orient Express is supposed to be very romantic :(

but my best friend pointed out that i would be able to mingle with all the successful people from my company, out of which surely a few are ladies, rich ladies somemore.

damnit X 2.

now you know why I don't like to discuss such things with my best friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went TTSH to fetch my grandmum back to my home. She's staying over at my place so that we can take care of her while she heals her fractured bones. Had a fall in a bus. The bus driver was nice and sweet enough to offer to call up an ambulance. But my grandmum, ever the considerate lady, refuses.
turn up to be a much worse injury than she thought.

the doc recommended us to purchase a support stick (i have no idea what to call it) for her, but she didn't want to coz she is worried abt the extra costs. (i still bought it.)
after 10 days of hospitalisation, the first thing she asked me on the ride home is
"医药费多少?"


啊-ma 啊, 身体要紧啊!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saw an interesting sign while i was there.
Wanted to take a photo of it, but there were many docs and nurses around, so I figured i'd better be polite and asked for permission.

I asked the nearest doc, and she don't know whether she could give permission, so she asked the nearest nurse.
who then asked one of the bigger (in rank, not size lah!) nurse who then asked me to write to corporate communication department.

WAH LIEW. Need so 夸张 ma!

Anyway, i copied down the sign in my handphone.

Our staff are committed to serve you with their very best.
We seek your understanding,patience and co-operation so that they can serve you better.
The Hospital reserves the right to protect our staff from any verbal or physical abuse (ed: emphasis mine)

7 comments:

stars_of_rain said...

Is that spam I detected? Haha..

Even my parents are hinting at me to get a bf. Contradictory response from my godmom though. Just ignore them la.

Cherub said...

stars_of_rain: yeh...lots of spam. stupid spammers.

hmm...so fast ur parents hinting u to get hitched liao ah?
hai...PAP love our parents..
get married! give birth!

stars_of_rain said...

'Cause they are worried nobody would want me. Wahahha.. PAP should actually hire them to increase the population growth.

Cherub said...

stars_of_rain: haha. ur parents r just concerned abt u.

now now, let me tell u that my parents shld never meet up with ur parents. hahaha.

stars_of_rain said...

Hahaha.. No worries. I have no intention of that at all. :)

shuping said...

Parents are like that. So worried that you will get attached while schooling. And right after you graduate, they expected to find a daughter-in-law in the making...

Relationships are not what they used to be back in their heydays...

Cherub said...

shuping: heh heh. the heydays? the days when we were matchmade with our spouses from young? :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...