Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Update on LCD monitor

Regarding the LCD monitor installed at lift lobby at the last post.

I did a quick check and found the LCD monitors installed in Blk 119 and 122 of Bishan St. 12

I emailed the Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council this:

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am a resident of Bishan St. 12, and recently, on my walks around the neighbourhood, I noticed the additional of LCD monitor installed at the lift lobby in block 122 of Bishan St. 12. A LCD monitor was similarly installed at the lift lobby in block 119 of Bishan St. 12.

Regarding these LCD monitors, I would like to request information of their uses, as I am rather curious and amused by these new additions. Please let me know if there is extra information I can read regarding these LCDs.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

PS: I have attached a photo of the LCD for your referrence.

Yours sincerely,
Cherub (Note: I left my real name in the email)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And the reply was:

Dear Ms Cherub (NOTE: I left my real name, and the person addressed me as "Ms". ARGH!)

I refer to your e-mail dated 12 Sept 05.

The Bishan East Citizen Consultative Committee (BE CCC) has embarked on the Connecting the Community Project to provide a one-stop community portal to link up the residents with the grassroots in Bishan East.They are doing a pilot project on the installation of PC panels in our estate.There will be mainly community news, ie. news from grassroots, news from Town Council, news from NPC and Facility Providers.

For any further enquries on this project, you may wish to contact the CCC representative, Miss Caroline Lee at caroline@cbn.com.sg

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

(signed)
Veron Loh Hwee Ling (Ms)
Property Manager
Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council

7 comments:

stars_of_rain said...

There are these LCD screens at my tutee's place too, at Jurong East. So far, I only saw the LCD screen showing the insides of the lift: people digging nose and scratching their armpits.

Cherub said...

stars_of_rain: you serious? LCD showing the inside? maybe i go take photo soon. where in jurong east?

trisha said...

Can I suggest you send your photo and letter to the Forum page? This LCD thing is a huge waste of money. Honestly. Nobody wants to linger at the lift lobby to read community news.

stars_of_rain said...

Er.. Blk 258 Jurong East. But the LCD machiam no use like that, 'cause it's usually blank. Haha..

Cherub said...

trisha: hmm... its worth a try. I'll see whether i can write a convincing letter to them :)

stars_of_rain: hey, i think i may drop by one of these days to check out the jurong LCD too.

stars_of_rain said...

Wah.. Isnt it far? Drop by Jurong East?! Hahaha..

Cherub said...

yeh, far. but i hv been going NIE a lot recently to see my clients.
so i guess i can drop by Jurong East....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...